Why work for us?
Delivering good outcomes for our clients means that we need an enthusiastic staff team, working towards that common goal – The work can sometimes be demanding but also very rewarding.
Our clients come from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life. We’re committed to equality and inclusion and look for people who can live our values of being creative, collaborative and valuing the individual.
We are committed to employing people with lived experiences of the services we provide.
The Restore Trust is well respected within the voluntary sector and by other important stakeholders. It also enjoys a good level of support from across the wider community.
When completing your application form, if you need any advice or technical assistance, please call 0117 942 7000.
Education Tutors & Progress Coaches
THE RESTORE TRUST BOARD OF DIRECTORS/TRUSTEES’ BRISTOL (UNPAID VOLUNTEER)
The Restore Trust is looking to recruit high-calibre individuals who will assist this not for profit social enterprise to achieve its full potential in working with people with complex needs to access training and employment opportunities.
The Restore Trust specialism is in Criminal Justice and we work with ex-offenders to help address the most pressing issues facing them on release from prison including access to education, employment, rehabilitation support, poverty, inclusivity.
Why we need you
We need ambitious and well-connected people in the area to help contribute to our development, strategic oversight, management and financial governance, as well raising funds for the work that we do in the community. We will need a new chair, treasurer and secretary for our current board.
The aim of this work we do is to save public spending, achieved by keeping someone out of prison for example, the cost of this can be as high as sending a child to a top public school. As well as other savings in relation to health, benefits, social services. The Restore Trust assist people with their rehabilitation and integration into their local community, which will benefit the wider society.
What will I be doing and what skills do I need?
You should have an excellent network in the business and professional communities as well as people with a strong community background within the Bristol and surrounding area and to be willing to open these networks to benefit the activities of the Board.
We are looking for a range of experience and capabilities that would could include anyone from:
- A commercial background ideally in training and skills would be advantageous
- A consultancy, project management, background within an education or criminal justice sector
- A marketing and PR, event management experience, for example a Marketing or Communications Director
- A legal background someone who is diligent and has attention to detail, who understands the importance of compliance
- Human resources, educational and training background
- Professional services background for example, financial services, accountancy
- Ideally people who have worked within the 3rd sector as a volunteer or previous trustee.
- Senior/executive manager with good leadership skills ideally at a boardroom level, would be essential for the role of chair.
- An accountancy/financial background would also be an advantage for the role of treasurer.
In terms of personal qualities, we are seeking to recruit confident, dynamic individuals who are willing to commit some time to working with the CEO and attend meetings if required. You will need to be ambitious, tenacious and not afraid to make ‘the ask’. You should also be approachable, flexible and able to work as part of a team, as that will be key to the Board’s success.
What support will we give you?
An induction to meet up with existing members of “The Restore Trust” board who will support you with advice and knowledge of the rehabilitation processes.
The opportunity to work with HMP Bristol, Bristol City Council, Job Centre Plus as well as other partnerships. To see and hear how this work will change lives of ex-offenders.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to take a leading role in an exciting Bristol community’ Social Enterprise to help save public spending and people re-offending.
- The chance to work alongside and engage with people who face social challenges ahead of them.
- The prospect of growing your networks with other members of the Board
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Bristol’s community.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
Where will I be based?
This is a Bristol based role; however, part of your role will include you being active in the community promoting the organisation. Reasonable expenses will be paid.
Location: BS7 8QB
Skills: Administration, Business Management, Project/Programme Management, Customer Interaction
What matters to you: Crime, Community Safety. Business/Social Enterprise
The Restore Trust is looking for reliable volunteers to provide admin and reception support in our offices on Longmead Avenue. The role will include taking telephone calls, booking students onto courses and providing basic admin support.
The role would suit someone looking for experience of working in the voluntary sector or who is recently retired and would like to contribute to work in the local community.
The Restore Trust is a not for profit social enterprise working with disadvantaged people, often with complex needs and criminal convictions, to support them into training and employment.
If this role is of interest, please contact